Monday, January 18, 2010

It's a Christmas Miracle!!

Our family is seriously lacking in any kind of family photo. Being that I usually have the camera, I am missing from most of the group shots. We just never got around to having good photos taken. Maybe it is because taking the kids for their individual photos once a year was such a fiasco that I stayed clear of trying to do more than one kid at a time.

This year, just before Christmas, Grammie (my mom) decided that since everyone was in town, we would try for a group picture. My friend, Diane Gardiner, agreed (last minute and very generously) to get her camera and see what she could do. This is a large group--10 adults outnumbered by 13 kids under 8, so we weren't really expecting perfection.

Henry was a gem. He is my best picture taker as far as behaving--although he ruined his fair share of the group shots with funny faces. I love his toothless smile (there is really no sign of those top teeth coming in anytime soon).

William had the most fun when Diane was paying him all the attention and trying to get a good individual shot of him. He is quite a stinker and made her work really hard to get them.

Regan was not the best behaved picture taker in the family. She got a couple of okay shots in the beginning and then tired set in and her patience was gone. Even Dan's bribe of $2 at QuickTrip didn't do it for her. Diane spent some time finessing her too and we managed to get some really good shots. The peek-a-boo pics were the best.

Arden was our model. I guess she always is. She loves having her picture taken and knows just how to tilt her head to get her desired effect. What a beauty she is becoming--just like her mommy!

Finally, this was our Christmas miracle. Everyone was smiling. Everyone was looking at the camera. No one was picking thier nose. No one was sulking. I don't think that I should mention that the magic word that produced all the smiles was "snot balls".



6 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks for posting your blog address FB. Good to see you all. I sure love your family. Your kids are so cute! I kind of miss the days when ours were younger, but not enough to go back! I'm not great at updating either FB or our blog, but you can at least see sort of recent pictures on the blog. It's gregandshannonnelson.blogspot.com. THanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those turned out fabulous! You have adorable kids, and it is truly a miracle when they all smile at the same time exactly when you need them to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pics.

    And, look! a new post!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, Halleluia, you posted. Secondly, and MORE importantly, your children are adorable and YOU look freaking fabulous Nicole!!!!! I love all the pics, but my fave is the four kids on the stairsteps, sooo great! I'm happy you had your Christmas miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I smiled all the way thru your post! FanTABulous photos! ConGRATZ!

    ReplyDelete

background

Followers